The British Tomato Growers’ Association (BTGA) is the national body representing over 90% of the UK’s commercial growers and has championed the British tomato since 1997.
On a mission to encourage consumers to choose seasonal British grown tomatoes rather than imports with higher food miles, the BTGA runs an annual campaign to get their message across. The good news is, with less distance to travel British grown tomatoes are the freshest around – according to Good Taste Magazine ‘British tomatoes are the best in the world’.
We were commissioned by the BTGA to:
- Create a three-year comms strategy with refreshed key messages and tone of voice
- Develop a distinct visual brand identity, supporting a website rebuild
- Plan and deliver a multi-channel comms campaign to get consumers thinking differently about tomatoes
- Over two weeks we secured 96 pieces of coverage including a primetime interview with Zoe Ball on BBC Radio 2’s breakfast show, BBC Saturday Kitchen, The Sun, Loose Women, The Grocer, The Independent, The Observer, The I, and 25 pieces of regional print and broadcast coverage
- A social media campaign reaching 1.5 million accounts – a 250% increase from the previous year
- An influencer marketing campaign reaching 2 million social accounts across Instagram and Tik-Tok – with a 58% increase in engagement